Pastry School!!!!!!



It's been a while since i posted anything (the fruit tart one should have been posted about a month or more ago but silly me drafted it instead of publishing it)

I'm on a Gap year this year, mostly because I couldn't make up my mind on what to study at university so I had a look at some colleges near my house and found one that offered a part-time Pastry and Patisserie course. Its only once a week so for the rest of the week, I'm doing part time work and giving massage treatments to clients who need to de stress (did I mention that I'm a qualified masseuse??). Then every Monday I'm off to college for the day to make lots of funky things.

So far I've made Scones, Milk Rolls, Buns, Bakewell Cake and Florence Cakes. Sounds a bit basic but we need to start somewhere plus there are a few people in the class who have never baked in their lives so for them its really important basic things taht they need to know and for me its just pure fun ^-^

Making the bread rolls was really fun though. We used fresh yeast which I've never had the chance to see before so it was really interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts